- Our International Ballet Summer School Program will take place in
the Music Theatre in Gdynia from :
Monday July 9th until Saturday July 21th 2018. ( two weeks)
- Classes are held at the ballet hall and on the stages of the theater
- We welcome international participants from 11 until 25 years of age.
- There is a possibility of accommodation with meals in a student hostel:
(Hotel participants arrive the day before)
- Arrival day: July 8th, hostel - check in from 2 pm. /
- Departure day July 22 th. Hostel check out 10 am.
DANCE CLASSES / SCHEDULE
- Classes will be mainly taught in English.
- Our International Faculty speaks English und Polish.
- We can accept a limited number of participants, no more than 45, because we want a high level of training, so in each group there will be no more than 20 participants !!!
- Participants will be divided into 3 Group Levels.
Group Levels could be corrected by the Coaching Team during the first week of Summer Program .
- Each Group Levels will have a different Program.
- Classes from Monday to Saturday
- Every day there will be 4 ballet classes for 1.5 hours each
- Sunday July 15th - Free day.
- On Saturday July 21th (12:30 pm – 2:30 pm) will be a Final Public Presentation on the stage at the Musical Theater in Gdynia (Participants performance).
We welcome all parents and friends to see the performance.
- Exact timetable - see the "schedule"
WHERE TO EAT ?
- Participants accommodated in the hostel use the meals served in the theater's buffet.
- The first dinner is on July 8 at 7 pm.
- The last breakfast is served on July 22 from 8:00 – 11:00 am.
- The perfect location by the sea of the Musical Theater in Gdynia allows you to find many places with international food.
HOW TO APPLY ?
-Fill in the Application Form from our website and send it to us by email together with a full-length photographs required in ballet clothing.
-Please send your application form and photos to :
-After accepting your application:
You will receive feedback on your e-mail address provided in the application - then you have to make a registration fee: 30 euros
The registration fee is an administrative fee. It is downloaded before consideration of the application and is not refundable.
-Please, wait for our Confirmation Email of your participation in our Summer Program before transferring the full payment.
- We do not have the actual date when the applications are colsed, however when we reach 45 students, no further applications will be accepted. We put the high level of classes at the first place, so each group will consist of no more than 17 students. As soon as we reach 45 participants, we will close the registration.However, each year, we create 'Waiting List', which allows people to join the workshop when another participant cancels participation in our Workshops.
PAYMENT / REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION
-In sort to confirm and finalize your registration in our Ballet Summer Course, we need to receive your payment on the Ballet Summer School Bank account.
-Payment can be done only by Bank transfer.
-Check or Credit Cards will not be accepted.
-For further information, please look our Fees page.
CANCELLATION / REFUNDS
The organizers reserve the right to retain 25% of the course fees in the event of the applicant’s withdrawal, if cancellation occur before May 15 st 2018.
After this date, Summer Program Fees will not be refunded - due to organizational costs incurred.
The condition of resignation is the orthopedist's doctor's statement about not being able to participate in classes.
The document should be scanned and sent to the address: office@balletsummerschool
- A shuttle bus will be organized from Gdansk Airport to the student hostel on the Arrival day (Sunday July 8th) and from student hostel to Gdansk Airport on the Departure day (Sunday July 22th).
-The Taxi from Gdansk Airport to Hostel and back to Gdansk Airport costs 40 euros per person.
(full cost in two ways)
-Participants will be supervised during the Summer School at the Musical Theatre.
Students will not be supervised outside the Musical Theatre in Gdynia and at the student hostel.
- The accommodation is not included in the Summer School Program Fees.
Please look at the Students Hotel page for further information.
-The Hostel Marina is at:
- 5 minutes walking distance from the Musical Theatre .
- 50 meters from the beach.
- 15 minutes walking distance from the Main Train Station
CARE OF PARTICIPANTS
We have the opportunity to care only at the Theater during ballet sessions from 9:30 to 16:30 (Monday to Saturday)
We do not take care of the participants after classes as they leave the Theater.
Accommodation in a hostel is voluntary and each participant assumes the responsibility for security and stay in the hostel. The organizer only helps in booking the hostel, but does not provide care for the participant.
Each participant should have valid health insurance with them.
- Sunday July 15th – Free day for teachers and participants. We recommend visiting the beautiful old town of Gdansk or Sopot.
- Saturday July 21th at 3 pm- Presentation / Performance on the stage of the Musical Theater in Gdynia.
We invite parents, friends and ballet lovers.
- Free entrance
-It is mandatory that the participants take out personal health, travel and accident insurance. The organization will not be held responsible for any damage or injury, however caused, to any person attending the course or third parties, not for the loss of any property, on or off the premises of the course or the premises of the Hostel.